1953 saw the Hoops gain their first crest, a medieval affair including three horseshoes taken from the family crest of Sir. Nicholas Crisp. A design based on the coat of arms of the London Borough of Hammersmith.
During the mid 1970s the Hoops bounced around kit suppliers, when in 75 the club shirts were adorned with a new crest design incorporating QPR on top of an illustrated Football. 1976, and another change in kit supplier saw Rangers turn out without a crest until 78 when the crest reappeared in blue and white.
In 1982, the clubs centenary year saw the release of an updated design for the FA Cup Final appearance – this was then tweaked for the following season to include the clubs ground name Loftus Road.
2007 saw new ownership and in 2008 came a new heraldic crest design alien to what had been seen before yet including the clubs well known blue and white Hoops. Proving unpopular on kits 2016 saw the reinvention back the good old days with a sleak new crest as voted for by fans. The revived classic circle layout brought back the original typeface from 1983.