Blackpool can trace their roots back to a church team founded in 1877 named Victoria F.C. Between 1902 and 1914 the club were thought to have worn red, but folklore has it that after one of the clubs directors, Albert Hargreaves officiated a Belgium vs Netherlands international he became so impressed with the Dutch offering that he brought the orange kits upon Blackpool F.C.
From 1923 onwards the clubs tangerine dream shirts were emblazoned with the town’s coat of arms until 1968 when they brought in a radically simplified B.F.C. crest that was shortly outlived by a simplified abstract graphic of the world famous Blackpool Tower in 1979.
1993 saw the much welcomed return of the town’s coat of arms which saw iterations in layout, size and detail bringing the club into the new millennium. Thankfully that tangerine hasn’t gone anywhere yet.